3-4-1 Kowakae, Higashiosaka City, Osaka 577-8502 JAPAN
JR The nearest Shinkansen station is at Shin-Osaka station. Shin-Osaka is one station away from Osaka on the Kyoto line. From Osaka, take the outside loop line to Tsuruhashi. From Tsuruhashi you can take the Kintetsu Osaka Line for 10 minutes to Nagase. It is about a 10 minute walk from Nagase.
Kintetsu Approaching from Osaka, you can take the Kintetsu Osaka Line to Nagase.
Take a local train from Tsuruhashi to Kintetsu Nagase Station
Approaching from Nara, you can change at Ishikiri to the local train and it is a 15 minute ride from Ishikiri to Yaenosato. It is about a 20 minute walk from Yaenosato, or a 5 minute taxi ride - ask the driver, "Kinki daigaku no higashi mon, onegaishimasu."
Hanshin Hanshin railways connect to Kintetsu in Namba. From Kintetsu Namba it is about a 13 minute ride to Nagase. It is a 10 minute walk from Nagase.
Hankyu Hanku railways stops at Umeda. From Umeda you can walk to JR Osaka and follow the JR instructions from there.
Trains run very frequently during the day. You can use http://www.hyperdia.com to help plan your trip.
Most flights will arrive at Kansai International Airport, although Osaka Itami Airport is also available. There is an Airport Limousine Bus from stop 7 that will take you to Kintetsu Uehonmachi. From Kintetsu you can ride from Uehonmachi to Nagase in about 11 minutes. For Osaka Itami Airport you will need to take a bus to JR Itami station and then take the train to Osaka station. From there you can follow the JR instructions.
Photo guide from station to conference
- Exit Kintetsu Nagase and walk straight under the "Learning Street" (まなびや通り) arch
- Go straight past the Family Mart and turn right after the Resona Bank
- Continue along the street to Kindai's main brick arched gate (West Gate)
Past the gate
- Go through the gate and turn right on the main road
- Turn right at the next street and continue to the end
- Turn right, November Hall is the 2nd building on the right
- Go up the steps and under the covered porch into the 1st floor elevator lobby
- The Kindai University Language Institute (aka 語学センター) lobby is on the 2nd floor, accessible by the red stairs or the elevator.
Image of Kindai at night by JALT Osaka contributor. Images for directions by Alison Kitzman.